Papergang Box No.21
It's day 5 of #12DaysOfBlogmas and time for an old class - a Papergang unboxing! Anyone who has been keeping up with the series may have noticed that I missed the last Papergang unboxing. This was because I was so crazy busy with art school and writing for Inkygoodness but rest assured it was as good as ever. Moving on, it's time to unbox the subscription services 21st edition!
As it was the last box before Christmas, November's box unsurprisingly featured a selection of festive products as well as those more suitable for all-year-round use. Box no.21 was created in collaboration with Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and designed by Allison Black. The box seemed even fuller than usual with a selection of gorgeous papery goods spilling out as soon as you opened it. Here is a bit about everything which came inside...
- The biggest and most expensive item included in the box was this colourful, polka dot notebook. This is also probably my favourite item in the box. I'm not always a big polka fan but the beautiful colour scheme made it for me. The bright yellow and pale pink are particularly beautiful shades and both put a trendy, contemporary twist on this classic design. The notebook also includes a little illustrated surprise in the form of an prancing dog on the inside of the cover.
- Greetings cards have become a classic addition to any Papergang box but this month we got not 1, not 2 but 6! The box included 2 of each of the 3 festive designs. They feature ugly dogs in wooly jumpers and grumpy cats tied up in fairy lights as well as some excellent dog puns!
- The next thing I want to talk about wasn't actually included in the box but feels worth a mention anyway. The free desktop wallpaper is available from the Papergang blog. Featuring a cast of expressive cats and dogs in festive hats, the design is utterly adorable. And you are getting value for your no money this month as the Papergang have uploaded 2 free wallpapers with a tiger covered pattern available too! You can download both here.
- And the design above also featured on this month's gift wrap which you got 2 sheets of. Again the colours are beautiful with turquoise mixing up the classic green and red Christmas scheme.
- And to go with the pet-covered cards and wrap, the box also included so animal friendly gift tags. Adding even more puns to the package, they make the perfect finishing touches. Even if the present itself is terrible, it will look super stylish until they open it!
- Not content with simply getting you organised for Christmas, this month the Papergang also wanted to give you a head start into the new year with a cute dog-topped calendar print. Homes always look so dreary when the Christmas decorations come down so this the mini risograph print will add a welcome splash of colour.
The contents of box 21 was worth £23.40 and cost £10.95 to subscribers. It definitely felt worth the money this month as it was so full. A pound from every box sale was also donated straight to the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home so subscribers could feel content that their stationery addiction was doing good in the world!
Being completely honest, I am not actually a big cat or dog fan. I am partial to the odd pug but in general prefer wild animals to pets. If it were any other month I might not love this box as much but luckily it is the season of giving. I might not be a pet lover myself but I know plenty of people who are - all of whom will now be receiving beautifully wrapped presents this year!
Disclaimer: I was kindly gifted this box by the team at Ohh Deer but all opinions are 100% my own.